Polar Chill 2 will take place at the Holiday Inn: Toronto International Airport Hotel at 970 Dixon Road (at Hwy 427 - directions) on July 4-6, 2014.
To book your hotel room for the Holiday Inn: (use reservation code “POL”)
- call 1-866-568-0059
- e-mail request to CDN-Reservations@ihg.com
- book online at holidayinn.com/yyz-intlapt
While room vacancies exist, the cut-off date to get the Polar Chill 2 rate is June 4, 2014. Keep in mind the hotel is popular this time of year. Don’t wait, make your reservation NOW!
After that date, the hotel will do its best to honour our rates but there is no guarantee there will be any rooms of any kind available at our rates.
|Standard (2 Double beds)||$99*||$99*||$109*||$119*|
|King executive Suite||$199*||$199*||$199*||$199*|
*Prices subject to applicable taxes.
Standard rate rooms include:
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour business centre
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary airport transportation
- Cable TV service
- Check-in time starts at 3 p.m.
- Check-in time ends at 2 a.m.
- Check-out time is 12 noon
- Electronic check-out
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Pets not allowed
- Phone and voice-mail
- Pillowtop mattress
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming pools – indoor and outdoor
- Wake-up calls
We’ve arranged with the hotel that you can guarantee your reservation to a credit card, or you can call and make a reservation without a credit card.
With a credit card: They will ask you for your credit card info when you make your reservation but they will not charge anything on your card until you check-in; they won’t check to see if there are funds on it, nor will they try to put any kind of hold on any funds on it at the time of booking. They ask for the card information to guarantee you a room when you arrive or if you arrive after 4 p.m. If you do not show up and do not call to cancel, they will put a night’s fee on the card at that time.
When you check-in, they will put a hold of $50 PER DAY for EVERY DAY YOU ARE STAYING at the hotel for incidentals (room service, in-room movies, mini-bar, etc.) If you do not use any of that money by the time you check out, the hold will be released and the money will be available on your card again (can sometimes take up to a week). If you do use some of that money, whatever you don’t use by the time you check out will be released back onto your card. This is standard operating procedure for every hotel.
Without a credit card: You can make a reservation without a credit card, but please note that if you have not checked in by 4 p.m., they will release the room and you might be out of luck getting a room if they are sold out.
If you are paying cash for your room, you’ll be expected to pay an extra $50 PER DAY for EVERY DAY YOU ARE STAYING at the hotel in cash for incidentals. (example: staying 3 nights will require a $150 deposit at check-in) Whatever you don’t use will be handed back to you in cash when you check out.
You can also do a combination of these things – make your reservation using a credit card, but then pay in cash when you get there if you want.
You must mention Polar Chill (reservation code: “POL”) when booking your room in order to receive the convention room rate.
- If you’ve booked your room before this info was posted (especially if you were told that Polar Chill was not in the computer yet), then you should contact the hotel. Don’t forget to mention you are attending Polar Chill and the reservation code “POL”.
- People looking for suites for parties should e-mail the Polar Chill Hotel Liaison after booking your room. Suites can be booked at varying rates (call the hotel for specifics on rooms and configurations).
- Free indoor and outdoor parking is available.
- Guests to the Holiday Inn: Toronto International Airport Hotel must provide a valid credit card to the hotel upon registration as deposit to cover any extra expenses that might be incurred for the room such as mini-bar, in-room movies, room service etc. If a guest is unable to provide the hotel with a credit card, a deposit in cash per day of stay will be required instead. This policy is non-negotiable and any unused amount will be refunded at the end of the guest’s stay. All guests paying in cash must have this deposit ready upon check-in at the front desk.
Checkout time and late checkout:
- All members staying at the hotel are reminded that the check-out time is 12 noon. It’s greatly appreciated if you could check out of your room on time or perhaps earlier to avoid last minute congestion at the front desk.
- Late checkout may be available and needs to be arranged by contacting the front desk of the hotel. A fee may apply.
Book your room over the phone:
You must mention Polar Chill and use the reservation code “POL” when booking your room in order to receive the convention room rate.
Before you call the hotel, we recommend you have the following information ready:
- your full credit card information
- what room type you want – see the list above
- when you plan to arrive and depart
Also, have a pen and paper ready to note the time, phone number, operator’s name and the confirmation number they will give you.